If the Hirer is in any doubt as to the meaning of the following, the Events Director should immediately be consulted.
1. THE HIRER will, during the period of hiring, be responsible for supervision of the premises, the fabric and contents, their care, safety from any damage whatsoever and the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity, including proper supervision of car-parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction of the highway. The hirer must comply with fire regulations and other legal requirements and restrict the maximum number of persons attending the function to 200. Failure to observe this condition will result in the function being terminated without notice at the discretion of the Bars Manager.
2. THE HIRER shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the hiring agreement and shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way nor do anything or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the same or any insurance policies in respect thereof nor allow the consumption of alcoholic liquor thereon without written permission of the Company. Any behaviour which, in the opinion of the Bars Manager, is of a lewd or obscene nature will result in the function being terminated without notice.
3. THE HIRER shall on no account bring food into the Hall or allow others to do so, unless they have specified their booking as self-catering and paid the requisite fee. In these circumstances, the Hirer will not have access to the Kitchen and will be wholly responsible for setting out their refreshments and clearing and taking away from the building all rubbish waste etc at the end of the event.
4. THE HIRER shall be responsible for obtaining such licences as may be needed (including those from the Performing Rights Society and other copyright societies) and for the observance of the same. No liquid refreshment whatsoever is to be brought into the Hall on a private basis. The Hirer is obliged to have the Bar facilities provided by the Company.
5. THE HIRER shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority, the Licensing Authority or otherwise, particularly in connection with any event which includes public dancing or music or other similar public entertainment or stage plays.
6. THE HIRER shall indemnify the Company for the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the property including the curtilage thereof or the contents of the buildings which may occur during the period of the hiring as a result of the hiring.
7.1. THE HIRER shall be liable to compensate the Company in respect of any damage caused during the hiring period to the Hall or the contents thereof or to any other property owned by the Company. Such compensation shall be the cost of making good or repairing any damage caused or replacing any article to which such damage has been caused.
7.2 INDEMNIFY and keep indemnified the Company against all actions, claims, costs, damages, demands, expenses, losses, proceedings or other liability arising in any way from any breach of the provisions of these terms or conditions or during the course of the Bars Manager’s business;
7.3. THE COMPANY do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for the loss, damage or theft of any article(s) which may occur during the use of the Hall by any person, including the Hirer.
8. THE HIRER shall provide in the case of specific room hire only sufficient stewards who shall be responsible for the supervision of the users of the Premises. This condition must be strictly adhered to.
9. THE HIRER shall be responsible for supervising the users of the Hall for the purposes of any fire etc. regulations or fire escape and admission of persons to the Hall. The names of the Stewards appointed by the Hirer to undertake these tasks must be shown overleaf where indicated.
10. AT THE END of the hiring, in the case of specific room hire only the Hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition and secured, and must ensure that any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions properly replaced, otherwise the Company shall be at liberty to make a charge.
11. THE COMPANY RESERVES the right to cancel this hiring in the event of the Hall being required for use by the Company. The Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any hiring charge already paid.
12. IN THE EVENT of the Hall or any part thereof being rendered unfit for the use for which it has been hired, the Company shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.